- Held on : October 04 , 2018
- Time : 01:15 P.M – 03:15 P.M
- Venue : B-63 , 6th floor
- Resource Person : Mr. Abhishek Gupta
- Designation : Spokeperson from BYJU’s
- Contact : 8888870493
The seminar was conducted on 04 October, 2018 under ABIT RGIT. The keynote speaker for seminar was Mr. Abhishek Gupta, a career expert from BYJU’s.
The session was conducted for third year students of IT department. It started with Mr. Gupta discussing about the various career options students can pursue after B.E.,
- If they are engineering lovers, they can go for higher studies and pursue M.S in foreign universities like University of Michigan, Stanford University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology etc and can also enroll under the STEM programme while applying for universities in USA, so that they can stay back after course completion for 3 years and gain work experience.
- If they do not want to continue with their technical subjects, they can go for masters in management under the ISB-XLP Programme or MIM Programme and apply in well established universities like University of St. Gallen, Singapore Management University, Harvard Business School that has a 2+2 programme where the student can apply in fourth year or end of third year and reserve a seat, complete his/her engineering, gain work experience for 2 years and then go for higher studies or if they want to stay back in India, they can apply for PGDM in institutes like SP JIMR.
- If they are confused among two options, they can enroll under the MEM Programme which provides expertise in management as well as in engineering.Next, he discussed about organisation that provides funds and financial assistance to students for studying abroad.Some of them he mentioned were INCRED, PRODIGY and EMPOWER that provide educational loans on the basis of GRE score of the student, which can be paid back in a period of 10 years with 6-8% interest.
- The discussion was followed by a session on how to crack GRE and get a good score. Sir discussed some of the techniques that are taught in BYJU’s classes and demonstrated how to use them by solving an actual GRE comprehension paragraph.
- Finally, the seminar came to an end with sir and his team of councillors having a brief one to one talk with students, who were interested in giving GRE, about how to build a good profile and crack GRE with a good score.
- The session was indeed informative, and an eye opener for students who didn’t have a clear idea about what career options to take in the future. ,
- Thus, it ended on a positive note.